AVLF provides FREE legal representation to qualified tenants facing conflicts with landlords in Fulton and Clayton counties.
- Poor living conditions
- Failure to repair damage caused by floods, leaks, and mold
- Rodent and insect infestations
- Unreturned security deposits
- Illegal evictions – Changing locks, cutting off utilities, and putting possessions on the street without going through the courts
- Evictions – Get help fighting evictions in Fulton County court
Criteria for Assistance
- You live in or have a case in Fulton County or Clayton County
- Your household is low income. We help households with income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. If you are in doubt, please call so we can help you or direct you to the resources you need.
If your housing situation is not in Fulton or Clayton counties, contact:
- Atlanta Legal Aid – For help in Cobb, Gwinnett, or DeKalb counties
- Georgia Legal Services Program – For help in all other Georgia counties
If you are experiencing an issue with your landlord and you live in or have a case in Fulton and Clayton counties, there are two ways to get the help you need.
- Call 404-521-0790 between 9:00 AM and 1:00 PM, Monday through Thursday to tell us about your situation.
- Complete the form below.
What to Expect After You Contact Us
- If you meet our criteria for assistance, you will receive a call within a week from a paralegal who will gather additional information about you and your housing problem. This call takes between 30 and 60 minutes.
- An attorney will review the information you gave the paralegal to determine whether or not we can help.
- If we are able to help, we will reach out to you to discuss next steps which may include an online on in-person appointment with a licensed attorney or an in-person meeting with an AVLF team member in your home, depending on the specifics of your case.
- We may assign your case to a volunteer attorney or an AVLF attorney may provide the legal advice you need.