AVLF creates safe and stable homes and families by inspiring attorneys to fight for equal justice.
AVLF is the largest provider of pro bono legal services in Greater Atlanta. For over 35 years, we have promoted access to justice by inspiring volunteer attorneys to provide high-quality education, advocacy, and representation at no charge to low-income families with basic civil legal needs at critical times in their lives. Our programs include services for domestic violence survivors, landlord/tenant disputes, evictions, unpaid wages, and probate issues.
We are currently hiring for a Development Associate.
Download a PDF of this job description here.
POSITION: The Development Associate offers administrative support to Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation’s development team, handling a variety of tasks related to institutional and individual giving. The position is a full-time, entry-level position under the supervision of the Development Director.
- Manages and updates donor database.
- Enters records into Salesforce and ensures accuracy and complete data sets.
- Maintains data entry requirements by following established workflows, techniques, and procedures.
- Verifies data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data as needed, using additional information as needed.
- Tracks philanthropic requests, pledges, and contributions.
- Monitors recurring donations, providing support to donors as needed.
- Assists with communications targeted at annual campaign donors.
- Manages donor lists and prepares mailing materials including but not limited to tax acknowledgment letters, thank you letters, invitations, and solicitations.
- Works in conjunction with the creative/communications team to maintain and update MailChimp database and subscriber information.
- Redirects returned mailings to the correct mailing addresses and corrects contact information in donor database.
- Revises donor-facing forms, such as letterhead, donation request forms, and templates.
- Conducts research on prospects, including individuals, corporations, and foundations identified by development officers as potential sources of private funds.
- Compiles reports on current or prospective donors as requested.
- Develop, prepare, and execute maintenance tasks.
- Develop, prepare, and execute common reports requested by management staff.
- Review, revise, and execute workflows and procedures to improve the functionality of the Salesforce database.
- Assist in data projects as directed.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field; bachelor’s degree preferred
- One to two years experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated competency in Salesforce (or equivalent CRM)
- Expectation to perform with independence
- Expectation to balance multiple projects, tasks, and assignments
- Proficiency in time management and project prioritization
- Proficiency in project management and vision to understand data-related tasks
- A good sense of humor is strongly preferred
SALARY/BENEFITS: Dependent upon experience and qualifications. This is a full-time position with generous fringe benefits.
TO APPLY: Email resume, cover letter, and names of three references, with the subject line reading “Development Associate Application” to Libby King.