AVLF creates safe and stable homes and families by inspiring the fight for equal justice.
AVLF seeks a Program Assistant interested in working with our staff to help low-income individuals obtain free legal assistance. The Program Assistant will provide critical support for AVLF’s programs, allowing the organization to be responsive to the needs of both clients and volunteers. Specifically, the Programs Assistant will have primary responsibility for:
- Assist with initial intake of potential clients, as needed.
- Assist other program staff with entering and maintaining accurate information in our database about cases, clients, donors and volunteers.
- Answer AVLF’s main phone, Monday-Thursday, 9:00 a.m. – 1 : 00 p.m., directing callers to appropriate resources in the community or in-house for intake and follow-up.Support other programmatic functions, as directed, including but not limited to the identifying Safe and Stable Homes clients who live within AVLF’s place-based service zones, and other special program related tasks.
- Respond to general requests for information from the team.
- Handle other administrative tasks, such as copying, scanning and filing, as directed.
QUALIFICATIONS: Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Prefer two years of work experience in an office environment. Fluency or proficiency in Spanish highly valued. Applicants should also possess these qualities (in addition to a sense of humor!):
- Effective Communication: Demonstrated ability to work well with people, communicate effectively with persons from diverse backgrounds with a high level of professionalism, respect and courtesy. Willingness to accept constructive feedback and ask questions when necessary.
- Organization & Self-Motivation: Takes direction well but is self-motivated and able to problem-solve, prioritize and complete tasks efficiently. Good organizational skills are very important.
- Flexibility: Must be flexible and able to adapt to new systems, technology, and work styles.
- Technical Experience: Comfortable learning and working with new technology. Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel. Experience using Salesforce is a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Commuting/travel assistance
- Flexible schedules