** Due to a high volume of applications, United Way Emergency Assistance applications are temporarily paused.**
To ensure we do not exceed funding limits, we will reopen as soon as all pending applications have been processed. Please check this page for future updates.
Are you behind on your rent, mortgage, or utilities due to COVID-19?
The City of Atlanta COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Program gives financial help to homeowners and renters impacted by COVID-19. Funds can be used to cover past due rent/mortgage, utilities, and move-in deposits as a result of impending eviction.
To qualify for United Way funding, you must:
- Live within the city limits of Atlanta.
- Live in a rental property, single or multi-family home. Residents living in PadSplit, School Shared Housing, hotel, motel, etc. are not eligible.
- Be able to show that you are unable to pay the full or a portion of past/current due rent, mortgage, and/or utilities or unable to pay security deposit as a result of a recent loss of income (job loss, furlough, reduced work hours to care for child(ren) due to COVID-19.
- Have a current lease in your name or a current mortgage statement showing past due monthly mortgage amounts.
- Currently receive no housing subsidies.
- Meet the following income requirements: