AVLF provides FREE legal representation to fight employers who don’t pay you for work you performed.
The most common cases we handle involve employers who:
- Refuse to give an employer their last check
- Refuse to pay anything for work performed
- Skipped paychecks
- Failed to pay minimum wage or overtime
Not all employment cases are appropriate for our program. We do not assist with cases involving:
- Only vacation, sick, or holiday pay
- Bonuses or commissions
- Employment discrimination
- Workers’ compensation
- Unemployment insurance
- Claims of wrongful termination
Who We Assist
To qualify, workers must:
- Live in or have a case in Fulton County or Clayton County
- Have a low income. We help households with income at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. If you are not sure you meet our criteria, please call so we can help you or direct you to the resources you need.
How to Get Help
To find out if we can help you, call 404-521-0790 between 9:00 AM-1:00 PM, Monday through Thursday. If you qualify, AVLF will schedule an interview with an attorney on a Saturday morning within 1-2 weeks.