The coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak has a big impact on our day-to-day lives. Check this page for local updates and resources you might need to support you and your family.
For more information on the virus and outbreak, read the CDC’s information.
If you need help with food or groceries, you’re not alone. Check out the resources below.
- Interactive Map: Free Student Lunches
- Atlanta Public Schools Emergency Food Distribution
- YMCA School Closure Meal Services
- Atlanta Community Food Bank – (404) 892-3333
- Meals on Wheels Atlanta – meal delivery to elderly citizens in Atlanta. (404) 351-3889
- Food 4 Life: Atlanta Survival Program – free grocery delivery service
- Hosea Williams Feed The Hungry
4779 Mindy St Atlanta, GA 30366
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays
- Loaves and Fishes
St John the Wonderworker Parish
543 Cherokee Ave SE Atlanta, GA 30312
If you are in immediate danger, please call 911.
- Georgia’s 24-hour statewide domestic violence hotline:
- NCADV’s National DV hotline:
CALL 1-800-799-7223 or
TTY 1-800-787-3224 or
- Safe Families Office:
404-612-4324, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday (more info here)
- Technology Safety Plan
- Internet Browser Privacy Tips
- Technology & Your Safety
The rules are different right now. Here’s some information about what’s going on in Atlanta.
- Frequently Asked Questions About Eviction Protection and the CARES Act
- AVLF’s Tips for Renters
- Coronavirus Fears Stall Eviction Cases In Fulton County
- Atlanta Gaslight, Georgia Power to Suspend Service Cut-Offs
- Affordable Internet Services
- Internet Service Providers Offering COVID Crisis Assistance
- Water service disconnection orders are halted for the 60 days in Atlanta, GA as of March 13. 2020.
- Georgia Power is suspending residential disconnections for the next 30 days beginning on March 13.
- Jackson EMC is suspending disconnection for nonpayment from March 16 through March 27.
Taking care of your mental health is especially important in times of crisis. Here are some low-cost mental health resources in Atlanta.
- Georgia Crisis & Access Line – 1-800-715-4225
- Stop a Suicide Today – Advocacy organization that features educational suicide prevention materials, articles, and other resources.
- Metropolitan Counseling: Discounted and sliding scale mental health services – 404-321-1794
Chris 180 Counseling Center
2805 Metropolitan Parkway SW Atlanta, Georgia 30315
Phone: 404-612-4111 Fax: 404-324-4191 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Spot: Drop-In Center
1976 Flat Shoals Road, Suite A Atlanta, Georgia 30316
- St. Jude’s Recovery Center – Sliding scale and free inpatient addiction treatment center.
139 Renaissance Pkwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
Phone: (404) 874-2224
- The Summit Wellness Group – Sliding scale dual diagnosis treatment center located in Midtown Atlanta. Also features comprehensive online addiction resource guides.
996 Huff Rd NW Suite C, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Detox Local – Medically reviewed guides on every aspect of the drug & alcohol detox process which empowers people to be safe when quitting drugs or alcohol.
If you have lost your job or wages during COVID-19, the first thing you should do is file for unemployment.
If it’s absolutely necessary for you to seek alternative employment, here are some local stores that are hiring:
- Aldi: store associates and stockers
- All Turf Lawn Care: multiple positions open in Hiram, Suwanee, Loganville,
Mcdonough, and more.
Amazon: various full and part-time roles
CVS: store associates, home delivery drivers, distribution center employees, and member/customer service professionals.
Dollar General: customer service and store associates
Domino’s: delivery drivers, customer service representatives, assistant managers and managers
Kroger: store associates and stockers
Papa John’s: restaurant team members
Publix: store and distribution center associates
Sprouts: hourly part-time to core management positions
Walgreens: Customer service associates (CSAs), pharmacy technicians and shift leads
Walmart: hourly associates to work in stores, clubs, distribution centers and fulfillment centers
- F.A.Q. on Stimulus Checks, Unemployment and the Coronavirus Bill
- Resources for our Standing with Our Neighbors® neighborhoods
- Financial Planning Resources
- GPB Coronavirus Updates
- Text “GACovid19” to 89211 to receive a list of available resources from United Way
- Call 866-PUB-HLTH (866-782-4584) and press 3 for COVID-19 questions before calling your local health department. (GEORGIA)
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.